Being a caregiver for a loved one can be demanding. When our loved one depends on us for assistance, it can require more time and effort than people realize. It’s possible that despite your efforts, you may find yourself feeling burnt out and not at your best. This is where respite care services come in.
Respite care from Elmhurst Extended Care Center guarantees that you will have the opportunity to take some time away to recharge while knowing that your loved one is receiving the best senior care possible. Our respite care services are for more than just when you need a recharge. It’s also for:
- Providing skilled nursing for elevated situations
- When you need to leave town for business
- If you become sick
To get started with EECC's respite care services all you need are:
- A list of current medications with dosages
- Copy of their medical history
- Copy of their most recent physical from their physician
- A minimum stay of days to allow adequate time for recuperation
It can be disconcerting to leave a loved one in the care of someone else, but know that at Elmhurst Extended Care Center, your loved one will receive the same quality care that is given for our long-term residents. While it’s important to care for our loved ones, it is equally important to care for ourselves.